Market Pantry Monster Cookie

I've tried a few Market Pantry (Target in-house brand) ice creams in the past and not been that impressed.  They had an adventurous-sounding popcorn-flavored ice cream that fell a bit flat.  In general, I've felt the Market Pantry ice cream's were ok, but pretty decent for their price point ($3-4 for 1.5 quarts).  I do NOT feel this way about Market Pantry Monster Cookie.  This was a simply fantastic ice cream, despite the fact it was reduced fat!



Apparently monster cookies are a thing.  They are a thing I have never had before, and I am ANGRY that I have not heard of them until now.  For all of you out there who have had a monster cookie, and have not taken it upon yourselves to inform me of their existence, SHAME ON YOU.

Monster cookies are peanut butter/oatmeal cookies with M&M's.  Sounds good right?  There was not a description of this ice cream on the pint, but from what I could tell it was vanilla (or maybe peanut butter ice cream) with small chunks of peanut butter/oatmeal monster cookie chunks and 'chocolate coated chocolate candies.'



The first thing I tasted in this ice cream was peanut butter, the sweet kind of peanut butter found in candy.  I was super impressed with the amount of mix-ins.  There were tons of chocolate candies.  They weren't quiet M&M's, the chocolate inside was much crunchier.  I actually liked how hard they were as it gave a great contrast to the texture of the ice cream.  There were less frequent and smaller chunks of monster cookie in there.  They were small clumps of peanut butter with some oats.  The oats were nice and chewy, and again, a nice complement to the texture of the ice cream base.



The ice cream base itself was very light and fluffy, and on the verge of being chewy.  Slightly better than the normal texture of reduced-fat ice cream.  Sometimes I don't like this really light texture and prefer a denser ice cream, but it worked well here.  I think if it had been super dense it would have been overwhelming combined with the amount/type of mix-ins.

I got all of this goodness for $3.19!  I don't have to add any caveats to my approval of this ice cream.  No 'it was good for the price' nonsense.  This was, plain and simple, a delicious ice cream.  It was so good that Kyle and I finished the entire quart and a half in two days.  Oops.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd