Talenti: Belgian Milk Chocolate

Like the last weekend I spent in St. Louis, on my birthday weekend Brett and I were obviously splitting another pint on a lazy Sunday afternoon.  We went to a different Schunck's in my seemingly never ending hunt for some of the new Ben & Jerry's flavors. We didn't find any so I kinda felt stumped on what flavor to buy. At first I was thinking a Haagen Dazs Tiramisu Gelato, but Brett wasn't feeling it. Since he was going to eat half the pint I guess it would be courteous for me to listen to his opinion. So we bought a pint of Talenti Belgian Milk Chocolate. Although it wasn't totally what I was craving, it's okay because I'm trying to keep my room clean and organized.



No I'm not trying to confuse you, Dearest Reader. If you've had Talenti you know that it comes in awesome clear plastic containers with screw on tops. The kind of containers that are perfect for storing things and knick knacks and stuff! I currently have all my things and knick knacks and stuff in a few big containers and I have to dig through them and I can never find anything and I just don't have enough containers and I have stuff all over my desk and dresser. My New Year's resolution was to get organized. I have decided to do this in the tastiest way possible. Eat Talenti - get containers - get organized.

We ate this pint so quickly we didn't even have a chance to take more pictures!


I don't frequently eat base flavors, and I think this is the first base chocolate flavor I've eaten. This base was definitely true to its name. It didn't even so much taste like chocolate as it did cocoa and milk. Which is what a really good bar of Belgian milk chocolate would taste like. Yum. Brett and I easily went through this pint and the urge to add toppings wasn't even that strong! What was great about this was it let the texture of Talenti really stand out. Not that Talenti really does such swirly chunky flavors that you don't notice the texture, but here it really shined. Talenti is so soft; your spoon just slides through it. It melted super easily in your mouth, which made it really easy to eat half a pint in one sitting. I definitely like Talenti's gelato texture more than Haagen Dazs. It seems closer to what you would find in, like, a nice gelato shop.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd