Talenti Caramel Apple Pie

Back in March (or so) Talenti released 3 new flavors.  They all sounded good, but only Caramel Apple Pie sounded amazing, however I hadn't found it in any grocery stores.  Last week when Lizzy and I went to Dierberg's, we finally picked up a pint of the Caramel Apple Pie gelato.  Talenti's website describes this as

An abundance of real cinnamon sticks are used to make our signature cinnamon gelato.  Pieces of apple and sweet flaky pie crust are blended in to the cinnamon gelato.  Finally a caramel swirl is added for a unique take on caramel apple pie.



So I had no idea caramel apple pie was an actual thing.  I thought Talenti's just decided to make an apple pie flavor and then stick some caramel in.  I was ok with this idea, but now that I know caramel apple pie exist, I want one.

The first thing I noticed was the taste of cinnamon.  It wasn't overwhelming or sharp as some cinnamon flavored ice cream can be.  Rather, it was a warm, but strong cinnamon flavor.  So far so good.

The caramel swirl was thick and really tasted like the caramel dip specifically used for dipping apples.  Again, good.



The apple chunks were good, but very small.  They tasted like cooked (rather than dried and then rehydrated) apples, just like in a pie!  I just wish there were either more of them or that they were bigger.  I mean, apples are like the main ingredient of an apple pie!

The crust pieces tasted like pie crust, but weren't super flaky.  They were all also square shaped.  To be fair, this is totally standard and has been my experience with 99% of pie crust ice cream mix-ins.  I think I was just spoiled by the crust mix-ins in 2nd Street Creamery's Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Flavor.

I love that almost all of Talenti's ingredients are recognizable things.

Overall, this was a really good ice cream, and was very enjoyable to eat, but there were things that definitely could have been better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd