Ices Plain and Fancy: Campfire S'mores

Oh my word I have started 2015 out with a bang. Ben & Jerry's SNL flavor on New Years Day, then Madeline, Brett, Kyle and I went to Ices Plain and Fancy on day 2 of 2015.

Back in September, Brett and I visited Ices Plain and Fancy (review here). You may remember that I was really impressed with the Pink Pepper Pickled Ginger flavor that I got and that Brett really enjoyed his Mint Chocolate Chip, but that I was overall unimpressed by the small selection.

Later in the fall, the selection size of Ices Plain and Fancy went majorly up when they introduced their boozy ices. It seemed that these new boozy ices were going to be the center piece of Ices Plain and Fancy and that ice cream for those 20 and under might take a back seat.

However, this was not true at all. They had expanded their nitro ices menu to include regular nitro ices and "fancy" ices. One of the fancy ices was called Campfire S'mores. That is what I initially wanted to get; however, the $6.99 price was a bit of a turn off. In the end, none of the other flavors really spoke to me and I love s'mores, so that is what I got.

As opposed to what I would normally do, I did not look at the online menu before going to Ices Plain and Fancy. In addition, Ices does not have descriptions of what their flavors are on the in store menu. I also did not really pay attention while they were making my ice cream. I had no idea what was coming, which made it that much more awesome.

The description on the website reads: Roasted Marshmallow Ice Cream, Hershey Bar, Graham Cracker, Hot Fudge, Campfire Smoke Dome.

When it was ready, I was handed my ice cream covered by a plastic lid. Inside the lid all you could see was smoke.



The second thing I noticed about this treat was that it smelled like some. As soon as I said, "Zomg this smells like smoke", Madeline and Brett leaned their heads in to get a whiff. They are honestly lucky they did not slam their heads together.

This is Kyle, being smart, and smelling the ice cream after Madeline and Brett did, so he did not get his head smacked.


I knew opening this ice cream was going to be epic, so I made Brett get a video of it.

Anticipation



Yep, this ice cream was quite amazing. First off, the strongest flavor of the ice cream was the roastedness of the marshmallow. It was very smokey. It was honestly so strong, that I could see some people not really liking it, but I thought it was awesome. So cool that they were able to turn the experience of making s'mores into ice cream. 

You can still see the smoke billowing off the ice cream a bit! So neat!!

Second, I love that they used Hershey bars and not some other chocolate for this ice cream; it was very authentic. Third, the hot fudge was amazing and dense. They also used, even though it isn't in the description, graham cracker crumbs and graham cracker pieces. Because of this and the hot fudge you could swirl everything together and get the flavors of marshmallow, chocolate, and graham cracker in every bite. I also think I found some super mini marshmallows in the ice cream. 



As expected, the Ice Plain and Fancy texture was amazing. It is super rich, creamy, smooth and airless, without being too dense or heavy, either. This ice cream, hands down, is THE coolest ice cream I have ever eaten!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd