Ben and Jerry's: Cotton Candy

With summer so long gone (oh god oh god oh god it was -2 in Minneapolis yesterday!), I thought I would not get a chance to try the summer, Ben and Jerry's, Wal-Mart exclusive Cotton Candy flavor.  Lo and behold, on a trip to Wal-Mart, there were a few pints of Cotton Candy.  Kyle either thinks I'm hilarious or is really annoyed at me because every time we go to a store I come home with a pint of ice cream.

On the actual pint, this flavor is described as

Cotton candy ice cream loaded with candy sprinkles.

On the Ben and Jerry's website it is described as

Cotton candy ice cream loaded with cotton candy pieces.

Obviously, I had the pint, so the original description I saw was the first one.  Everything I expected about this ice cream was wrong.  First, I expected this ice cream to be either bright blue or a bright pink in flavor, like every other cotton candy ice cream I have ever seen.  However, this ice cream base was white.  Second, I obviously had the pint, and so had the first description above.  When I hear candy sprinkles, I think primary colored sprinkles that you put on top of cookies or an ice cream sundae, but the second description was way more accurate.  I don't know what led to the description discrepancy.



I was wowed by my first bite of this ice cream.  It tasted EXACTLY like cotton candy.  Unfortunately this taste wasn't strong enough to last through multiple bites, but it was still a really cool experience to bite into frozen cotton candy.  The candy sprinkles were more like slightly hard bits of cotton candy.  When you either bit into them or let them melt into your mouth they were gritty and tasted and felt exactly like hardened bits of cotton candy.  (You know the pieces of cotton candy that kind of lose their softness because you've squished them with your fingers?  It's kind of gross but also kind of delicious.)

Crappiest picture ever!!

Overall this was an enjoyable ice cream experience.  It was the most authentic cotton candy flavor I've ever tried in an ice cream, I just with that flavor had been strong enough to persevere through multiple bites of the ice cream.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd