Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Peppermint Crunch

Chocolate Peppermint Crunch is a classic, chunktacular Ben & Jerry's flavor.  This is described as

Chocolate ice cream with peppermint and fudge swirls and mint chocolate cookie balls.

Sorry for the absolutely crappy lighting!

Even before I tasted this ice cream, I knew it would be great.  I couldn't even run my ice cream scooper through the ice cream without hitting one of the cookie balls.  There are so many of them!

The peppermint swirl was visible.  It was gooey, white, shimmery veins running through the pint, but I couldn't really see or taste the fudge swirl.  Even though this was the case, I didn't feel like I was missing out on anything.

Peppermint swirl!

Rather than tasting like chocolate ice cream with a peppermint swirl, the peppermint swirl infused the entire pint with a pepperminty flavor.  I actually liked this way way more than I would have liked it had there been distinct chocolate and peppermint flavors.  As it was, the ice cream tasted like an Andes mint.

The real standout of this pint was the mint chocolate cookie balls.  Like, oh my god, give me a jar of these and 3 minutes if you want to see a magic trick.  These are a bit smaller than a Whopper, and the same concept.  They have a chocolate outer shell, but instead of malted milk ball innards there they have mint chocolate cookie innards.  Imagine a slightly denser, spherical Thin Mint.  There are so many of these puppies, you're guaranteed at least one per bite.

Minty, cookie goodness!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd