Whitey's Graham Central Station Ice Cream

One of my life mottos is, when the going gets rough, buy more ice cream. Specifically, when you have a lot of work to do for graduate school, buy larger containers of ice cream. This way, you can still eat ice cream every night, but not worry about reviewing flavors as frequently. Also, a lot of Whitey's flavors are only sold in the big tubs at my HyVee. But mostly, graduate school is a lot of work.



I also haven't reviewed any Whitey's since moving to Iowa. Whitey's is based in the Quad Cities and sold around Iowa and Illinois. I had some Whitey's while I was visiting University of Iowa, and I was pretty impressed with the flavor I bought, given the price. 



While I was perusing the Whitey's ice cream flavors a while ago, this one, Graham Central Station caught my eye. Other than in a S'Mores flavor, I don't think you see graham crackers in ice cream often. And especially as the star of the show! Even outside of the ice cream world, I think graham crackers are underrated as a dessert. Do they deserve their lack of attention? Only one way to find out! Eat ice cream!!



From the Whitey's website this flavor is described as Graham cracker flavored ice cream with graham cracker swirled throughout. 

Graham cracker on graham cracker.

God. Look at that beautiful swirl in the middle.


On first bite, oh boy, this takes exactly like graham cracker. Aka delicious. I would haven't thought to do it myself, but wow, graham cracker works well as a base flavor. Like, the base is so good on its own, you wouldn't even need the swirl. But the swirl was the best part of this ice cream. It was outstanding. It blew my mind. I am wondering how old this flavor is. The best way I can think to describe the swirl is graham cracker cookie butter, with sugar and cracker granules throughout.  Smooth and crunchy all at the same time. The flavor of the swirl was more intense than the base. It was even more intense than the flavor of actual graham crackers. I hope some dessert marketing guru is reading this right and is going to get their company to start making graham cracker cookie butter. 



End lesson: graham crackers are delicious and should be incorporated into more ice creams. This ice cream was delicious. And as long as grad school is a ton of work, I'll be eating more Whitey's. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd