David's Famous Gourmet Frozen Custard: Dutch Chocolate

Another David's flavor to cross off the list! In not too long, I'll have tried every flavor. I will feel so much satisfaction. Nothing makes me happier than being able to check off every item on a list.



This flavor is described as Dutch Chocolate was our favorite flavor. It is rich and smooth and creamy  and tastes like no other chocolate ice cream you've ever tried.

This is a picture from when Madeline reviewed the flavor. My pint looked similar enough I felt I could include this picture.


Before I start describing this flavor, I need to admit I made a huge mistake. A huge n00b mistake. I did not serve myself David's in a bowl. I ate it straight out of the container. I had no intentions of eating the entire pint in one sitting. I was talking to Brett on the phone, and trying to be a good girlfriend. I was thinking, "I am not going to ask him if I can hang up so I can take a picture of this ice cream. I'll only eat part of the pint and take a picture of the rest later!" Womp. I should have known better. The light fluffy, but also overwhelmingly creamy texture of David's makes it way too easy to unintentionally eat an entire pint in one sitting. #noregrets



Now this flavor. Oh em gee. David's does it again. Their description was correct, this tasted like no other chocolate ice cream I have ever tried. When I opened the pint I was struck by how light of a color this ice cream was. The color matched the taste (sort of). This was a milky, creamy, sweet chocolate, as opposed to a dark bitter chocolate. But this ice cream was the most intense and flavor packed chocolate ice cream I have ever had. And it was obviously made with good milk chocolate. The kind of chocolate Europeans eat which makes them tell Americans we eat crappy chocolate when they eat a Hershey's bar for the first time. There was sort of a nuttiness to the chocolate flavor? Or something. Whatever was going on with this ice cream it blew my mind.

If you hadn't figured it out already, the best part about living in Iowa is having David's at every grocery store.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd