Heyn's Pumpkin Pie and Cinnamon

Okay, fine. I'll admit it. It is fall.  I was trying to avoid admitting it, but I can't any longer. But plz lets not talk about winter yet. Now, I know I sound a bit curmudgeony. However, I do not dislike fall. In fact, I think fall is great. Perfect running weather, sweaters, beautiful foliage, an excuse to use the word foliage. Fall is wonderful.  However, what I don't like is this new craze as of the last 5 years or so where people have become extra obsessed with fall. And I don't even mind all of the social media googoogaga-ness about fall. What bugs me is this: (1) Other seasons are fun, too and (2) where was all of this love for fall 10 years ago? Fall as been around for a while, and I feel bad it hasn't gotten this kind of love until recently. Like, do you only love fall because some white dude finally figured out pumpkin and spice taste great in many forms? Which by the way many other peoples have had figure out for a while now. (Sorry, not sorry my blog posts have become increasingly political again now that I am back in school.)

Moral of the story? I like fall, pumpkins, spices, all season, and most importantly ice cream. This past Sunday, I took a much needed mental break from work and chose to enjoy possibly the last day over 80 degrees by eating some ice cream. When I got to Heyn's all of the swirly chunky flavors I haven't tried yet were calling my name. But, at this point, we all know Heyn's makes a killer desserty flavor, so I decided to give something else a try. The Cinnamon caught my eye as a potential candidate (no swirls or chunks there) and it was too easy to find a mate for this flavor: Pumpkin Pie. So I here I go, to review the most stereotypical fall combination of flavors ever.

The label for the Pumpkin Pie ice cream didn't have an illustration, so I didn't take a picture


The Pumpkin Pie was on top, and my first bite of it surprised me. The first flavor I tasted was cinnamon! I was like, wait, I thought this was the pumpkin pie flavor?! Then it hit me smack in the mouth. Woahoah pumpkin. The pumpkin flavor wasn't the strongest flavor I've ever tasted, but then again, pumpkin inherently has a mellow flavor. However, unlike a lot of pumpkin desserts on the market these days, this tasted like a real pumpkin plant might have been involved in the making of it. There was also a bit of spice flavor, like cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg, etc., but pumpkin was the star here. There were also some pie crust pieces. Most were about the size of quarter. There weren't a ton of the pieces, but enough to remind you of pie. They were soft and buttery, as opposed to flakey, and delicious.



Next the Cinnamon flavor. Man oh man, Heyn's. If you are tired of eating wimpy and overly sweet cinnamon ice creams, you need to make your way over to Heyn's. This flavor had kick to it! A kick similar to red hots. Not so much to make it too spicy, and there was still sweetness in this flavor. I was impressed to find such a bold, strong, and spicy cinnamon flavor.

The color of this flavor even looks a bit red and spicy!


If you like fall desserts, but are annoyed with the proliferation of crappy ones, I have found the solution! Heyn's continues to impress!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd