Ben and Jerry's Wal-Mart Exclusive Peanut Butter and Cookies

I'm winning at life so hard right now because I found both the Ben and Jerry's Wal-Mart exclusive Peanut Butter and Cookies and the new Ben and Jerry's Limited Batch Cake My Day before Lizzy.  BOOM!  Just kidding, I hope Lizzy finds these soon.

Today I have a review of Peanut Butter and Cookies.  There was not much hype in the ice cream blogger world (there are dozens of us ... DOZENS!) or in the world at large about this flavor, so it was kind of off of my radar until a couple weeks ago.  I knew it had been released, but I wasn't hunting it.  I was at Wal-Mart to buy a new hat, and checked the ice cream section before I left (as I compulsively do at every store), and there was Peanut Butter Cookies.

Peanut Butter and Cookies is "Sweet cream ice cram with chocolate sandwich cookies and a crunchy peanut butter swirl."



This flavor was good but not great.  I really liked that they went with a sweet cream base instead of a vanilla base as most cookies and cream flavors do.  It really allowed the other flavors to shine through.  Even though the swirl was purportedly the only peanut butter element, peanut butter was the prominent flavor.


The chocolate sandwich cookies (*cough* OREOS *cough*) were disappointing.  There were large chunks, think a third of an Oreo, but weren't that flavorful.  They also didn't add much texture to the pint, but were about the same squishyness as the base.  It would have been awesome if the cookies were crunchier.

You can see the cookie layers!

The peanut butter swirl was also disappointing.  The first bowl of this I had, I could taste the peanut butter swirl but it was not all crunchy.  In my second bowl I got some thicker pieces of swirl that were crunchier like in Peanut Buttah Cookie Core.  Unfortunately, it was exactly like it Peanut Buttah Cookie Core.  I'm fine with reusing elements of old flavors, especially elements as good as the cookie cores, but this whole flavor just felt like recycled pieces of other flavors thrown together in a one container.  The lackluster swirl combined with the softness of the cookies made for a very homogeneous texture. Blah.

With cookies and peanut butter it's hard to go wrong, so while I enjoyed this flavor, it was nothing special.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd