Edy's Snickerdoodle Frozen Custard

Every time I try another Edy's Frozen Custard flavor, they redeem themselves a little bit after the atrocity that was their Chocolate Malt Frozen Custard flavor. It is too bad that was the first flavor I tried from them, because it has made me so hesitant about all the other flavors. I've been slow about reviewing these flavors because of it.



I'm currently working through a container of their Snickerdoodle Frozen Custard. All I have left to try is the Mint Cookies and Cream and Old Fashioned Vanilla. Madeline, once upon a time, found a mysterious strawberry flavor, but its not listed on their website.



This Snickerdoodle flavor is described as Snickerdoodle cookie pieces and cinnamon graham swirls are mixed into vanilla frozen custard creating an extra thick and creamy version of the classic cookie flavor you love. 



I'm going to start off by saying this flavor was great and I'm glad more companies are getting into the cinnamon game. Cinnamon is a bit underrated in the dessert world right now. Also, Edy's, surprisingly, did not mess around with the cinnamon flavor. The vanilla base was permeated with cinnamon flavor from all of the other elements. And the cinnamon flavors throughout this custard were much stronger and spicier than I expected from Edy's.



The cookie pieces, while flavorful, were a little dry. They were also a bit hard. Overall, texture was more like shortbread than a moist cookie. The pieces were on the small side and there weren't a ton of them, but they did add some nice texture variation to the treat. Lastly, the swirl was super interesting and unique. It gave this custard the strongest cinnamon element. It tasted exactly like the cinnamon graham crackers, which of course are superior to normal graham crackers. It was thinner on the outside of the container, but thicker through the middle. The texture was like a crumbled up, but also moist, graham cracker. It was definitely my favorite part of this custard.



I don't exactly know why, but this flavor didn't remind me of Snickerdoodle cookies. However, it was delicious, cinnamony and the base was so thick, creamy, and soft. I highly recommend this flavor to any cinnamon or frozen custard lover out there!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd