Three Twins Cookies & Cream

Alright, it is time to point some fingers. First, at Madeline: you need to review more Three Twins, like seriously, you've only reviewed two of their flavors. Second, at me: I need to review more Three Twins, this will be only my fifth review of a Three Twins flavor. Third, at Three Twins/my local grocery stores, more Three Twins need to be stocked where I can buy them! I was looking at the Three Twins website and there are so many delicious sounding flavors I haven't seen before, like Mocha Difference, Dad's Cardamom, Chocolate Malt, Banana Nut Confetti, Brownie Batter Chunk, Land of Milk and Honey, Caramel Truffle Swirl, and I could go on.



However, you've got to do the best you can with what you've got, and for the time being I've got Three Twin's Cookies & Cream.



This flavor is described as Scrumptious cookies in a madagascar vanilla base.



As I mentioned when I reviewed Haagen-Dazs Cookies and Cream a while back, I love to see a more premium brand take on a classic flavor without feeling the need to spice it up in anyway. Also, with how amazing Lemon Cookie is, I had high expectations for this flavor.



And my expectations were definitely met. First, I loved seeing the color of the base: grey. Although cookies and cream with a grey base doesn't exactly look appetizing, it means you are going to get cookie flavor in every bite. And the cookies had a great flavor. They were quite sweet, but tasted more like actual chocolate/cocoa than your average chocolate cookie, even Oreos. However, the chocolate didn't totally over power the vanilla base. The simple vanilla flavor still shined through. I would also describe this base flavor as having a clean or light taste/quality. I think this might be due to the fact that Three Twins uses more milk than cream. Granted, they probably use the same ratio of milk/cream in all of their flavors, but in this flavor, having a slightly less rich base let the more simple chocolate and vanilla flavors stand out.



Lastly, the cookies not only tasted great, but there were lots of them. In addition to the cookie dust which turns the base grey, there were plenty of medium sized chunks of cookie. The cookie chunks were moist all the way through, but still had structural integrity. I also ate this flavor with frozen fruit a couple of nights, which I highly recommend for a great berries and cookies and cream experience.



Another great flavor from Three Twins, in case you needed more evidence to believe that Three Twins is THE best organic ice cream brand. Now if I could only get my hands on some Dad's Cardamom...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd