Whitey's Harvest Chipper Ice Cream Sandwich

I'm going to start this review by letting you all, Dearest Readers, know that I feel perfectly fine. I am not sick and I obviously have not keeled over and died.



I was at HyVee the other day and found these ice cream sandwiches from Whitey's. I don't remember seeing them in my HyVee before then. They are, however, quite clearly a fall themed dessert. The description of this treat is A delicious SEASONAL blend of our famous pumpkin ice cream sandwiched between two Homemade Spice cookies! (emphasis in original). I was, to say the least, a bit surprised to find these in stores in February. I was also excited. In my opinion, it is a bummer pumpkin is relegated to a seasonal dessert flavor. Pumpkin is great, and I would like to eat pumpkin ice cream all year long. I would even take simply being able to eat pumpkin all year long. A few days after purchasing this ice cream sandwich, I was trying to find some canned pumpkin to make pumpkin curry, and couldn't find any. Which is a bit ridiculous, because it's not like all the canned pumpkin spoiled or something.



Any whoo, albeit excited about this sandwich, I was a bit skeptical seeing as this ice cream was definitely old. It even had an expiration date stamped on the wrapper for late January. But does ice cream actually go bad? I don't know. But like I said, I ate the sandwich and I feel fine.



And what a sandwich it was. The pumpkin ice cream was all of the greatness I remember it being from when I reviewed it in the fall. Spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves, but still tasting like squash, Whitey's does a great pumpkin ice cream. However, the best parts of this sandwich were the cookies. They were THE softest and moistest cookies ever. They were crumbling as I ate the sandwich. It was spectacular. The most prominent flavor element of these cookies was the molasses. The sweetness from the molasses balanced the spice from the ice cream and the cookies, also cloves, ginger, and cinnamon, and was a nice twist to this classic fall treat.



I'm currently praying to the ice cream deities for these to show up again this coming fall!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd