New for 2015: Ben & Jerry's The Tonight Dough

I love Jimmy Fallon. I love ice cream. I love Ben & Jerry's. I was so stoked when I saw the release of this flavor. I got it this past weekend in St. Louis and was so excited to try it.

Proof that sometimes I eat food other than ice cream. And healthy food, at that!


The description of this flavor is Caramel & Chocolate Ice Creams with Chocolate Cookie Swirls & Gobs of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough & Peanut Butter Cookie Dough.



There is obviously A LOT going on here with this ice cream. I'll take it piece by piece. The flavor of the caramel ice cream was really mellow. If you set out to get a bite of just the caramel ice cream you could taste the flavor, but for the most part it was drowned out by the chocolate ice cream.



Next the chocolate cookie swirl. I was expecting this component to be like the chocolate cookie swirl found in Chocolate Therapy. Instead, it reminded me of the chocolate cookie core in Boom Chocolatta. It had that crunchy, almost crispyness to it and flakyness when you got it in big chunks, which happened a few times. I liked this chocolate cookie swirl much better than I remember the chocolate cookie swirl in Chocolate Therapy (although this may be a good excuse to get and review Chocolate Therapy; it has been a while since I've had it).

Dat swirl doe.


Lastly, the cookie dough. There were way more chunks of the chocolate chip cookie dough than there were of the peanut butter cookie dough. In fact, I ate half of this pint and only got ONE peanut butter cookie dough! Brett ate the other pint and reported to me that he also only got ONE peanut butter cookie dough in his half. Very disappointing. As I said of the peanut butter cookie dough in my review of Peanut Butter Half Baked, these guys could have had a stronger peanut butter flavor and they could have been saltier for me to love love them.



Similar to Peanut Butter Half Baked, this flavor had a lot of potential, but just didn't quite live up to it. I would have just ditched the caramel ice cream altogether and upped the amount of peanut butter cookie dough and this would have been on point. Like definitely go buy this ice cream, but don't jump up and down and scream in the check out lane when you buy it. Ben & Jerry's has been releasing a lot of new flavors recently and a decent number have sounded AMAZING but only turned out to be good. Maybe they should slow down and really make sure what they've got is really, really good? Who knows.

Last note about this ice cream to give it a couple more brownie points (but plz don't put brownies in this ice cream there was enough craziness already). SeriousFun Children's Network is the charitable beneficiary of this ice cream. This organization provides life changing camp experiences for children with severe illnesses. Check them out here!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd