Talenti Banana Chocolate Swirl

Oh banana ice cream/gelato, I have a love/hate relationship with you.  When it's good it's good, but it's just so easy to do badly.  Talenti's Banana Chocolate Swirl, is definitely on the delicious end of the spectrum.  I mean, what did you expect?  This gelato is described as

We started with a rich banana gelato and added a ribbon of golden Argentine caramel and bittersweet chocolate bits to balance it out.  Consider it the best banana flambe that's never actually been on fire.



Banana flambe!  For the life of me I couldn't figure out how to describe this banana flavor, and I was looking for the words banana flambe!

This has the standard, awesome Talenti Gelato texture, don't need to say much more there.  To me, the banana flavor definitely didn't taste like nasty fake banana flavor, but it didn't taste like fresh bananas either.  I thought it maybe tasted a like bananas in the way that banana bread tastes like bananas, but that wasn't quite right; I was looking for banana flambe.



The caramel swirl is very lightly flavored and sweet, but it does an amazing job of mellowing out the strong banana flavor.  This was much needed, as the flavor might have been a bit overwhelming without the caramel.  The chocolate bits were frequent and crunchy.  They gave an aftertaste of delicious dark chocolate to every bite, again moderating the strong banana flavor.



Overall, this was a very well-balanced flavor, which I think is especially hard to do with a banana base.  Kudos, Talenti.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd