New for 2015: Talenti Salted Peanut Caramel

"Why hello there peanut!" I said as I dug into a bowl of Talenti's Salted Peanut Caramel.  This flavor is the last of 3 new flavors from Talenti that I picked up at the grocery store this week.  Talenti described this gelato as

We started with our salted peanut gelato and add in large, halved, dry-roasted peanuts and a swirl of salted caramel, because someone else needed to be invited to this peanut party.




I was pretty excited about this flavor after reading On Second's Scoop's positive review, but I was a bit let down.  The base tasted a bit bland to me.  It wasn't super salty and it wasn't super peanut flavored.  It wasn't necessarily bad, but a bold base flavor could have taken this pint to the next level.



Boy, they were not kidding about the large peanuts.  These were awesome.  It is very rare to see peanuts in ice cream in a form other than crushed peanuts.  People should do it more often.  I could forgive the somewhat bland base flavor when I got a spoonful with a bunch of peanuts.  In bites like that I could see the true potential of this flavor.  I think in my notes I described bites like these as 'sublime.'

Peanut party!

The salted caramel swirl was slightly different than Talenti's normal salted caramel, but it was really good.  It tasted more like molasses than their normal salted caramel, but this gave the flavor some needed depth and richness.

Overall, another great new flavor from Talenti.  They've really hit it out of the park with the new flavors I've tried so far.  I can't wait to try the last 4!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd