Ben and Jerry's Peanut Butter Cup

Lizzy has already posted a review about this ice cream, but there were several things about this pint that compelled me to write my own review.

The last few pints of Ben and Jerry's I have had have been somewhat disappointing in the mix-in department.  B&J's is known for their huge chunks.  In fact, they developed these signature chunks in many of their flavors because co-founder Ben Cohen cannot smell, so the chunks provide an enjoyable texture as well as an enjoyable flavor.

This ice cream really delivered on the chunk front.  This is described as Peanut Butter Ice Cream with Peanut Butter Cups.  The peanut-butter cups usually appear as halves in the ice cream, but a whole one would be about the size of a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup.  I shared this pint with Kyle, and sharing this ice cream with another person is a competitive sport.  We were both digging for chunks with each bite to ensure that the other person wouldn't get an unfair number of chunks!  The peanut butter ice cream was also fantastic.  So good I would eat it on its own with no mix-ins.


I also wanted to blog about this pint because the blurb on the back caught my attention.  I thought all of the different flavors had the same paragraph on the back, but this one talked about the cardboard used for the container, which I didn't remember seeing before.  It reads

This container holds a bona fide pintful of the finest ice cream we can make.  What's more, this pint container is made with Forest Stewardship Council certified paperboard that's been sourced from forests that are managed to be environmentally responsible, socially beneficial, and economically viable.

I just love how environmentally and socially conscious Ben and Jerry's is!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd