Talenti Caramel Cookie Crunch

It seems like forever since I've reviewed a Talenti flavor!  Today I'll be reviewing the Caramel Cookie Crunch flavor.  This described as

Crunchy chocolate cookies are combined with Talenti's Dulce de Leche and blended in just as the gelato is being hand filled into the jars, transforming standard cookies and cream into a luxurious treat.

First let me say that I enjoyed this flavor, so much so that I polished off the pint in about 3 minutes flat. (Yes! There is at least one thing in life that I'm good at!)

On your marks!  Get set!  Go!

The Dulce de Leche swirls were not very prominent.  There was a subtle caramel flavor suffused throughout the entire pint, but the swirls themselves were very thin and very similar in flavor to the base gelato.  The cookie chunks were small and beadlike, sometimes with 3 or 4 of these little beads clumped together.  In size and variation they reminded me of a box of Nerds candy.  They were crunchy and tasted delicious.  I almost wished that the chunks were bigger because it was an effort to bite through a chunk and it interrupted the 'flow' of gelato eating.



I'm actually very torn about the thin caramel ribbons and small chunks.  I love big chunks in their ice cream, but they definitely have an appropriate time and place.  Talenti tends to shy away from large chunks and instead relies on the incredibly superior and delicious quality of their base ice cream.  In my mind, this gives them a more refined and sophisticated attitude (as opposed to Ben & Jerry's fun and irreverent attitude).  On one hand, I would have liked the mix-ins to be more prominent, but on the other I feel like this would have taken away from the quality of the gelato.  Maybe you just have to buy a pint for yourself and decide!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd