Ben and Jerry's Make Your Own Core Sundae

Because I want to be exactly like Lizzy in every aspect of my life, I also tried a Ben and Jerry's make you own core Sundae.  Lizzy reviewed a sundae she made with the hot fudge core here.  I loved the salted caramel core when I tried B&J's new Salted Caramel Core flavor.  It was so rich and yummy.

I may have had a glass of wine or three before getting ice cream.  Under normal circumstances I have a hard time deciding which flavor of ice cream to get, so under these circumstances having to decide on two flavors that would complement the salted caramel core was nearly impossible.

I ended up going with the limited edition, scoop-shop-only SNL flavor Gilly's Catastrophic Crunch and retired-but-still-in-scoop-shops White Russian.  I went with these because I didn't know if I would ever get the chance to try them again!

Gilly's Catastrophic Crunch is described as

Chocolate and sweet cream ice creams with caramel clusters, fudge-covered almonds, and a marshmallow swirl.

White Russian is described as

Coffee ice cream with Kahlua Coffee Liqueur.

On its own, Catastrophic Crunch was scrum-diddly-umptios!  I would definitely go back and try this by itself.  I'm not sure I got a lot of caramel clusters, but the base ice cream was delicious and the fudge covered almonds were ample.  I wasn't wowed by White Russian.  I could barely tell there was Kahlua in there.  It would have been awesome if it was coffee and vodka flavored (this sounds weird, but I have sampled ice cream with a distinct vodka flavor and it was awesome!).



I topped my sundae with whipped cream and chocolate jimmies!  All together, this sundae was too rich.  The salted caramel core would have been better served paired with simpler ice creams.  Maybe a pairing of vanilla and chocolate, vanilla and strawberry, something with Butter Pecan, something with American Dream Cone, or something with Sweet Cream and Cookies are a few (a few, lol, I'm a nerd) possible combos that jump to mind.

You can see the gooey-ness of the core here.

I still enjoyed it, but if I were to do it all over again I would have picked different ice cream to pair with the salted caramel core.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd