Ben and Jerry's Make Your Own Core Sundae

So I wasn't initially going to blog about this. But then a friend asked me what I thought of the new Ben and Jerry's Make Your Own Core Sundae and I talked to her about the one I had for like 10 minutes.  She looked a me like, "Lizzy, get a life" and I thought to myself (to quote Madeline) "This is the life that I have chosen."

Last Friday Brett and I went to Ben and Jerry's on the Delmar Loop. I had been really excited about the make your own core sundae and new I had to get one. They put two different flavors of ice cream and the core of your choosing all in one container and top it with whipped cream. What could be better than that? As a chocolate love I KNEW I wanted to get the hot fudge core. And I thought, "What a wonderful way to may two not-so-chocolate flavors more chocolatey?!" So I decided I wanted cookie dough and Americone Dream with the hot fudge core. I strode up the the counter confident in my decision and placed my order. Then, devastating news. The scooper told me they were out of the hot fudge core. I panicked, said I wanted the caramel core with AmeriCone Dream and Chocolate Therapy. When I guess what I really wanted was cookie dough and Chocolate Therapy. AmeriCone Dream already has caramel in it (it's basically a caramel cone flavor) so I was afraid it might be too much caramel.  But I had panicked and just said the two flavors that were right in front of me. Oh well, it wasn't going to taste bad.


I was also hesitant about this combo because I didn't really like the Salted Caramel Core flavor when I tried it, so I thought I didn't like the caramel core. But after a few bites of my core sundae I realized the caramel core itself was awesome and I must have just not liked the ice cream around the core in the Salted Caramel Core flavor.


The Chocolate Therapy ice cream can be a little monotonous at times, and having the caramel core really livened it up. Also, I think I would have preferred the cookie dough in this combo as opposed to the AmeriCone Dream, but AmeriCone Dream with extra caramel was pretty good too.


For a pricey $5.50ish, you definitely get your money's worth. It was more than I could eat in one sitting.  I took it home and finished it the next day. I definitely recommend making your own. The possibilities are almost endless!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd