Haagen-Dazs White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle

I'm always on a quest to try new ice cream flavors, but sometimes you just have to go back to an old favorite.  After the avocado fro yo fiasco of 2014, my adventurous flame was a bit dampened.  When I when grocery shopping last weekend, Rainbow was having  a buy two get one free on B&J's and Haagen-Dazs.  This cemented my decision to buy a pint of Haagen-Dazs White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle along with two new-to-me flavors that will be making appearances here shortly.

To me, White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle, along with Caramel Cone, are Haagen-Dazs two standout flavors.  White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle is described as

White chocolate ice cream swirled with tangy raspberry ribbons and satisfying chunks of chocolate fudge truffles.


The first few times I've tried this flavor I didn't realize that the ice cream was white chocolate flavored, I thought there would be chunks of white chocolate and was kind of disappointed that I never got any.  Reading helps, people!  So obviously the white chocolate flavor is pretty subtle, but once you pay attention to it you realize how amazing it is.  It's like they took plain cream and amped upped the sweetness factor by a billion.  It's not overpoweringly sweet because the raspberry swirl gives enough flavor contrast to balance out the sweetness.  And the fudge chunks are pure perfection.

This is one of those flavors of ice cream that never seems to be hard no matter how could your freezer is.  The texture is always soft juuuuuuust to the point of being melty, but not quite.  In other words, perfect and amazing.

Short review of an awesome ice cream flavor (ugh, finals week, ice cream is the only thing that will get me through it).  If you haven't ever tried this flavor stop what you are doing right now and go fix that.  Seriously, you will thank me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd