Magnum Infinity Chocolate Ice Cream Bar

I decided it is well past time I write a blog post about an ice cream bar. For my first post about an ice cream bar I decided to go with the cream of the crop, a Magnum. I stood in Target for a long while deciding which one of the many flavors of Magnum to try. I opted to go with the Infinity Chocolate for two reasons. First, the description sounded the most scrumptious. Second, as we know there is more than one infinity, right Madeline? And if I had to choose which kind of infinity I had to deal with for, well, forever, I would choose the chocolate kind. Chocolate infinity is real mathematics, fo sho. Also, with my great mathematical authority I would say the chocolate infinity is definitely uncountable.

The Magnum Infinity Chocolate Bar is described as Dark Chocolate Ice Cream with a Chocolate Swirl, Dipped in Dark Chocolate and Cocoa Bean Nibs.



My excitement level? Through the roof. Anything that describes itself as "Dark Chocolate Ice Cream" makes me salivate. However, I've never had anything claiming to be dark chocolate ice cream that I though really did the job other than the Three Twins Chocolate Orange flavor but that's something completely different.

How did the Magnum stack up? Well. Honestly, the darkest chocolate ice cream I've tasted. While not the best ice cream I've tasted, it was just a little simple tasting, it definitely was as dark as ice cream can get. The swirl, however, was disappointing as it was non-existent. I also don't think a swirl is even necessary in this guys as it was very satisfying as it. The chocolate was divine. Which was expected, as that is what Magnum touts as their specialty. They advertise as using real Belgian chocolate to coat their bars. It was the best chocolate I've ever tasted on an ice cream bar. However, it wasn't as dark as it could have been, but I understand they are catering to the masses.
However, what really made the experience for me was the nibs. I freaking love nibs. Normally with ice cream bars, I'm a licker not a biter. But with this ice cream bar biting and chewing was the way to go.  Breaking open the bitter, complex nib while having the ice cream in your mouth combined the creamy ice cream with a dark flavor that just isn't possible to create with ice cream alone, making their dark chocolate ice cream taste even darker. Also the texture the nibs added made the experience just that much more enjoyable. The mix between the dark chocolate ice cream, the darker chocolate coating, and the darkest nib was incredible.
At a whole buck a bar, these guys are worth the luxury. Also the dark purple and gold design on the box makes you feel really fancy and sexy while eating the bar which a wonderful thing to experience while eating ice cream. ;) Go get yourself a box right now and feel good about it.

Comments

  1. I've been debating getting a box of these my last few trips to the grocery store. You've convinced me it's the right decision.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd