Cookie Dough Creations

"I think Dickens was eating Cookie Dough Creations when he wrote 'It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.'" -Michael Ellenberger

If you're not from the Chicago suburbs and you don't run NCAA D3 track and field you've probably never heard of Cookie Dough Creations. Located in the lovely Naperville aka Naperthrill, IL, this little shop boasts the combo of my two favorite desserts ever, cookie dough and ice cream. At this shop, you order one (or more, if you are brave) scoops of ice cream and one (or more, if you have the courage of a gladiator) scoops of cookie dough. They have a wide variety of flavors of both, including Zanzibar chocolate ice cream (a favorite of mine) and Zoreo ice cream (which is Zanzibar chocolate ice cream with Oreos and marshmallow).
The shop is really narrow so I couldn't get the whole wall in the pic, but it says "you can't say no to cookie dough"

Seriously, when you eat this stuff the first three bites are... I guess the only way I can describe it is exhilarating. So much ice cream!! So much cookie dough!! It's heaven. And then your stomach starts to hate you. That much cookie dough and that much ice cream is so rich and so sweet that even I struggle with a small. Last year I watched my friend pound down a medium with ease, a feat I thought impossible. But actually, after eating a small you feel miserable for a few hours. However, it is very worth it.  And to quote Madeline again, "This is the life that I have chosen."

I went this past weekend while at a track meet at North Central College. Last year I went and got Zanzibar ice cream with a type of cookie dough I don't remember and it was just waaaay toooo rich.  This year, I decided to actually try and make a combo of the ice cream and cookie dough flavor to make the experience better. I got Yippee Skippee (peanut butter ice cream, with caramel swirl and brownie chunks) and Oreo cookie dough (basically cookie dough with Oreo crumble swirled in). Everyone who has seen Parent Trap knows Oreo and peanut butter are a great combo, and so was my creation. But, the brownie chunks were unnecessary. When you have so much cookie dough you don't need chunks, too, unless it was maybe nuts. So my recommendation is to go for a simpler ice cream than you think so the cookie dough can shine.
Cookie dough is on top, ice cream on bottom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd