Trader Joe's Peanut Butter Tracks

Trader Joe's is a great place for speciality ice cream snacks. Fun ice cream sandwiches, vegan ice creams, even vegan ice cream sandwiches, mochi ice cream, the works! But this trip, I wanted bang for my buck so I picked up their Peanut Butter Tracks, which my roommate Katy loves. The quart was about $4 or $5, I don't totally remember.  Either way it's not a bad deal.



Excitement level: moderate. You can't go wrong with peanut butter cups. You just can't. They are always good.

The ice cream: I learned a lesson, never underestimate Trader Joe's. I didn't really look at the description of the flavor before I bought it. As I opened the quart I read the description, "Vanilla ice cream with mini peanut butter cups & a caramel swirl." What's that? A CARAMEL SWIRL? In a peanut butter cup ice cream? Bold move TJ's, bold move. I've seen fudge swirls and peanut butter swirls with peanut butter cup ice cream but never caramel. I was honestly a little skeptical. Would all the different flavors just be too much?

They weren't. Trader Joe's found the perfect balance. Normally I like a lot of chunks, but the minimal peanut butter cups and caramel swirl not only were not overwhelming, but perfectly subtle, and actually let the vanilla flavor shine as a flavor, not just as a back drop for the chunks and swirls (as vanilla is sadly too often relegated to the background). The base ice cream was soft, creamy, and melted quickly, in a very delicious way. The peanut butter cups were small and the chocolate was crunchy. Overall a very nice experience.

This ice cream exceeded my excitement level! Good job TJ's!!

(Also sorry about the junk in the background of this pic.  I'll make the rest of my pics classier.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd