Ben and Jerry's Target Exclusive Rockin' Blondies

Today I tried Ben and Jerry's Rockin' Blondies, another Target Exclusive flavor.  This is described as "Buttery Brown Sugar Ice Cream with Blonde Brownies and Butterscotch Toffee Flakes."

I picked up this ice cream at Target (obviously) for $3.99!!!  That is so cheap for a pint of B&J's!  I may have to buy ice cream here from now on.



I was really really excited about this flavor, and thought it had a lot of potential.  From the description I was expecting a light, delicate, warm brown sugar flavor with gooey, chewy blondie chunks, but I was kind of disappointed.  To me, the ice cream did not taste at all like brown sugar.  If I really strained my tastebuds and tilted my head the right way I could pick up on a slight buttery flavor.  I could, however, taste the cream the ice cream was made out of, which was interesting because you don't often taste the 'cream' part of ice cream, it is often overwhelmed by the flavor.  While this was not bad, it was definitely not what was advertised.

The butterscotch toffee flakes were good.  I love butterscotch, so you can't go wrong there.  They weren't quite as in-your-face butterscotch-y as the butterscotch swirl in B&J's Scotchy Scotch Scotch (which is amazeballs by the way!)

The blondie chunks were another disappointment.  They were the standard large B&J's chunks, but they had a slight freezer-burn taste.  I don't know if every pint is like this or if I just got an old-ish or over-frozen pint or something.  Anyway, it made me sad.  The texture of these chunks was nice, like a chewy frozen cookie.  (You should seriously rethink your life if you've never eaten a frozen cookie.)

This ice cream wasn't bad, it just wasn't great either.  I give it a 'meh.'  This is the second Target exclusive B&J's flavor that I didn't love.  The other one I remember seeing is Volun-Tiramisu.  Tiramusa is not one of my favorite desserts, so I probably won't be picking that one up unless my obsessive, list-making brain makes me try all of the Target exclusive flavors.

Comments

  1. I felt the same way about this flavor. I was like OMG brown sugar ice cream?!?! And then yeah, it just didn't taste like brown sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting that you could taste the cream. I'd be interested in your take on wines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was interesting. It tasted like cold cream. Not that I have ever tried a sip of it straight out of the container or anything.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd