Hello World!

My name is Madeline and I love ice cream.  I've decided that I need to join the rest of my navel-gazing and self-important generation and share my love of ice cream with you, the world.  Hence the creation of the Big Muddy Ice Cream Blog.

Now, dear reader, you may ask, "Why the Big Muddy?"  My sister Lizzy and I will co-author this blog.  We are from St. Louis, Missouri, the home of Chuck Berry, the St. Louis Arch, and Provel cheese.  I currently live in Minneapolis, Minnesota the home of never-ending winter and snow in April.  The Mississippi River, aka the Big Muddy, connects us.

The most important thing you need to know about me is my favorite brand of ice cream.  It is, hands down, Ben and Jerry's.  The flavor selection!  The chunks!  Ben and Jerry's is followed closely by Haagen Dazs.  Haagen Dazs has some truly amazing and unparalleled flavors like Caramel Cone and White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle, but is not as consistently good as B & J's.  While not technically ice cream, Talenti Gelato would tie with Ben and Jerry's for my favorite frozen dessert brand.

My favorite place in Minneapolis to get dessert is the Yogurt Lab frozen yogurt chain.  This is mainly because they have an avocado flavor, so I must go back until I can try it.  I might be more obsessed with avocados than I am with ice cream.  Also, they have tons of rotating flavors that actually taste like what they are supposed to taste like.  I still haven't found an ice cream place that I love.  Mainly because I am lazy and there is nothing within walking distance of me.

Comments

  1. I hate to disappoint you, but the Big Muddy is actually the Missouri. The Mississippi is actually quite clean above the confluence. But I'll never tell -- the name is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd