Ben and Jerry's Nutty Caramel Swirl

Nutty Caramel Swirl is a Ben and Jerry's flavor exclusive to 7-Eleven. There is a 7-Eleven not too far from my apartment, but it is in the opposite direction from any grocery store, or really any where I ever go.  So I rarely pick up this flavor.  Before I picked it up, I had actually only had it once, when they first released the flavor. But I'd really been craving it, so the other day when I already had a bunch of errands to run, I decided to just tack another one on!

The pint was about $5.50. A little pricey, even for B&J's.



Excitement level: High! I remember really liking it last time I had it.

The Ice Cream: Nougat Ice Cream with Peanuts, Fudge Flakes and a Salty Caramel Swirl.
Okay yes, so basically I think they are trying to do a Snicker's Bar ice cream.
Ben and Jerry's are known for their chunks, but with this one they really out do themselves.  There are TONS of peanuts and fudge flakes. But normally with B&J's there are big chunks and still some sections where you can get a spoonful of just the ice cream. Not with this flavor. LOTS AND LOTS of smaller chunks. The peanuts and flakes are stand alone, chunks. But seriously there are bunches of them. This makes it so that the nougat base doesn't really stand out.  If I could change one thing about this flavor, it would be to slightly decrease the amount of chunks so you could taste the nougat more, because I love nougat. However, the nougat base definitely adds to the experience and is way better than if they had a vanilla base or something else.

This ice cream met my excitement level. Just as good as I remembered it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd