Three Twins Chocolate Orange Confetti

On Easter Sunday I needed to go grocery shopping. Of course I didn't get my butt around to going until 5PM so Schnucks and Tracer Joe's were both closed. So I had to go to Whole Foods. I normally do not like shopping at Whole Foods. It is over priced and the company is against unions and the CEO thinks capitalism is going to save the world. Which is just... well...

ANYWAY. Ice cream. While I was there I decided to go for some crazy ice cream brand that I couldn't get any where else. The bright green pints of Three Twins caught my eye. And then I saw it. Chocolate Orange Confetti. I freaking love chocolate oranges. Those and real oranges are Christmas stocking staples because I guess my parents think it is the Great Depression even though both of them were born decades after the Great Depression ended. 

Three Twins seems like a pretty cool company. Small and organic and located in California and they use local milk and donate profits to conserve the rainforest and blah blah blah. You're just trying to make me feel better about buying over priced ice cream.  JUST KIDDING. All those things I said were true except for the overpriced part. The pint was LESS THAN $4!! You can't beat that. I also really like the about section of their website. Instead of being all cheesey and like "We are a small family company that just wants to make good ice cream that's good for the earth" they just have very matter of fact info about the company. Check it out: http://threetwinsicecream.com/about/company

Excitement level high: I'm expecting to take a bite and watch blissful childhood memories of Christmas flood back.

The ice cream: Chocolate ice cream with an orange flair and flecks of dark chocolate.
Wow. One sniff and I was brought back to childhood Christmases. Seriously they captured the flavor of chocolate oranges perfectly, even the dark chocolate aspect. Usually dark chocolate in ice cream doesn't come through because well, it's ice cream. But they pulled it off. The ice cream texture wasn't anything spectacular but the flavor was amazing. Which I guess they got because they used orange oil. That'll do it.

This ice cream was everything I ever dreamed it could be!
Also look at their super adorbs bar code

Comments

  1. Yeah, well, *our* parents lived through the depression, and so gave us depression-y things in our stockings, so you got 'em too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd