Target Exclusive Talenti Hazelnut Gelato

This week I ventured to Target to pick up the Talenti Hazelnut gelato, a flavor exclusive to Target stores.  I tend to avoid Target because I always fall into the trap of, "Ooh, I'll just look through the clearance section to see if I can find a sweater for 5 bucks."  This turns in to, "I might as well just look at ALL of the clothes .... er mah gerd this super cute dress is only 30 dollars er mah gerd!  But I'm too lazy to try it on, I'll just do it at home."  And then I get home and it doesn't quite fit and I have to return the dress.  And the cycle repeats ad infinitum.  I really should learn that nothing from Target will ever fit, but I swear they must pipe mind-numbing happy gas through the store.

Anyway, I picked up the gelato which was ~$5 (about normal for a pint of Talenti).



Excitement level:  Super duper excited.  I love hazelnut and I love Talenti.

The Gelato: This is hazelnut in a vanilla base not in a chocolate base like Nutella, which really lets the hazelnut flavor shine.  If you love Nutella you could throw some chocolate sauce or hot chocolate powder on a bowl of this gelato and go to town on that bad boy!  The tiny hint of vanilla nicely mellows out the hazelnut flavor.  This was actually a little bit too sweet for me.  I felt like the sweetness was competing with the hazelnut flavor instead of enhancing it.  I wanted the gelato to be straight-up nutty and less sugary.  This was not Talenti's best gelato (but definitely wasn't bad!), but as hazelnut gelatos go, it was pretty good.  Most other hazelnut gelato I have tried has shied away from an intense hazelnut flavor, which the Talenti embraced.



The texture was the standard, amazing, soft-but-not-too-soft Talenti goodness.



One thing I really like about Talenti is the super cute pictures they have on the sides of their pints.  This one is a hazelnut atop what looks like some sort of epic land geological formation.  Giant hazelnut UFO!  Also, only 8 ingredients!  Normally there is a number underneath the little picture.  It REALLY bothers me that there isn't one on this flavor.  HOW WILL I KNOW WHERE TO PUT IT ON MY ICE CREAM SPREADSHEET!?

Did this live up to my excitement: Almost.

(Also, my camera battery died so the pictures above are crappy iPhone pictures.  Eventually I will get a new camera battery and the pictures will improve marginally.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd