Til the Cows Come Home Please Sir, I Want S'more

So far, I've been relatively impressed with the HyVee line Til the Cows Come Home. I've tried two of their flavors, a chocolate peanut butter one that was okay, and a cookies and cream one which I really enjoyed. I was excited to try their s'mores flavor, even though the long names of the ice cream flavors kind of bother me. Like yes, it's a cute pun, but it doesn't roll off the tongue nicely.

This flavor is described as Artificially flavored graham cracker ice cream with marshmallow swirls, graham crunch, and chocolate flavored chunks. 




I love that Iowans love graham cracker ice cream. Whitey's does some great flavors with a graham cracker base, and the graham cracker base is what drew me to this flavor. There's also some graham crunch? Yum! The base of this flavor was worth the excitement. It was a pretty light and sweet graham cracker flavor, which served as a nice backdrop for the other elements. The graham crunch was basically sugary, grainy, crunchy cracker bits, which provided some nice boosts of graham flavor and texture. The star of the show here was definitely the marshmallow swirl. There was a lot of swirl and it was very thick and goopy. Just like marshmallow swirl should be. The chocolate chunks were on the slightly soft and sweet side, and I got about two per bite. I would have maybe liked the chocolate chunks to be a bit darker, as with the graham crunch and the marshmallow swirl, there was already a lot of sweet going on in this flavor.

The consistency and thickness of the marshmallow swirl was this awesome throughout the whole pint!


This is a tough flavor to rate. It was excellently executed, but none of the ingredients were of particularly high quality. However, I really enjoyed the addition of the graham crunch in this flavor, so that is going to boost its cone rating. I'll give this flavor 🍦🍦🍦.5/4 cones!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd