Ben & Jerry's Brownie Batter Core

Without really trying, I've been on a bit of a brownie kick as of late. Maybe brownies will be the it dessert of 2017? Like move over cupcakes and donuts, here come lots of brownies and blondies in all sorts of fun flavors? I'd be into it, but my dessert and ice cream trend predictions (wishes) don't often come true.



This flavor is described as Chocolate & Vanilla Ice Cream with Fudge Brownies & a Brownie Batter Core.



First off, I don't have a ton to say about the bases. Nothing too exciting here, though it was nice to see simple base flavors in the core series. Other Ben & Jerry's cores have been made too busy by fancy base flavors. The brownies were good, standard delicious moist and dense Ben & Jerry's brownies. However, they seemed smaller than in other B&J's flavors that feature brownies. There also could have been just a few more of them.




Last but not least, the core was interesting. My first few bites, I didn't think this tasted much like brownie batter, more like a plain chocolate sauce swirl. On a couple bites, I really got the batter flavor, but it didn't stay very strong. The texture of the core was a bit less liquidy than actual brownie batter. Also, as with all of the core flavors, there was a ton of core at the top of the pint, but not very much at the bottom.

No core at the bottom!


All in all, nothing about this flavor was bad, but it didn't knock my socks off either. It's not the best flavor Ben & Jerry's has produced, but it was good! There are enough other Ben & Jerry's flavors that I like more, so this one probably won't end up in my freezer again any time soon, so I'll give it 🍦🍦.5/4 cones!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd