Dairy Queen S'mores Blizzard

It has been wayyyy toooo long since I've had a Dairy Queen Blizzard. Madeline was doing a great job trying the new Blizzards and Blizzards of the month, so I've kind of slacked on DQ. The other day, however, while driving to a friend's house and passing a Dairy Queen, I, all of a sudden, NEEEEDED a Blizzard. Like I was going to die if I didn't get one. I was super starving and the bright lights of the Dairy Queen sign were calling to me through the darkness of the Iowa winter.

Dairy Queen brought back the S'mores Blizzard back in spring of last year when they also introduced the Oreo S'mores Blizzard. I didn't either were being served anymore, but at the teeny tiny DQ in Coralville, IA you can still get them. I went for the regular S'mores Blizzard.

This is a regular size. Sometimes (aka when I'm hungry) I do truly love the American fast food sizing systems!


This treat had chunks of graham cracker, chocolate flakes, and a marshmallow swirl all served blended in vanilla soft serve. You couldn't really tell the marshmallow swirl from the base too well, but it made the base extra sweet. At times it might have been almost too sweet. I also think the marshmallow swirl added some stickyness to the base as well. There were tons of chocolate flakes and they were a very sweet milky chocolate. I was most impressed by the graham cracker chunks. There were little crumbles in addition to big chunks. The texture of the bigger chunks was great. It was a touch soggy from the soft serve, but still held their integrity, which I think is perfect for a mix-in.

If you are a Blizzard fan this one is worth a try! (Though hopefully you've already tried it because I make no promises that it's still around.) It also made me want to try the Oreo S'mores Blizzard. All in all, this Blizzard rekindled my affection for DQ and hopefully I'll be stopping by there again soon. 🍦🍦.5/4 cones!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd