Talenti Wild Blackberry Gelato

When you measure time by ice cream pints, time seems to go a lot faster in my mind. When I picked up this pint at the store I was thinking, "I wonder if this will taste like the Talenti Black Raspberry Chocolate Chip, which I had just the other day!" After eating the pint (which did remind me of the Black Raspberry flavor, but we'll get to that in a bit), I searched on our blog to find my review of the Black Raspberry flavor. Turns out, I wrote that review over three months ago. But I swear it feels like just yesterday.




Anyway, this flavor is described as A smooth, creamy blackberry gelato with swirls of crushed blackberries throughout? If only this grew on bushes, too. 



Welp, I'm pretty okay with that this pint doesn't grow on bushes. I thought this flavor was decidedly meh. In my opinion, the base hardly tasted like blackberries. It tasted much more like a mild blackberry yogurt. Madeline described the base as tasting like blackberries and cream, but heavy on the cream. I didn't really taste cream, and as I said, tasted yogurt. If I wanted blackberry yogurt I would buy blackberry yogurt, or even froyo. I had the same experience with the Black Raspberry Chocolate Chip, but the dark chocolate chips redeemed the pint a bit. Here I was hoping that the swirl might prove to serve as redemption, but it failed. I had an okay amount of swirl. There wasn't a ton, but it was definitely noticeable. When I got the swirl, it was a touch more tart than the base. But it just wan't enough for me to overlook the weird yogurt-y-ness.

Sadly, I'm going to have to give this pint 🍦.5/4 cones. Talenti, I think you can do better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd