Blue Bunny Peppermint Party

It's a party over here in freezing cold Iowa! I bought this flavor a few weeks ago, but didn't get around to eating it until returning from visiting St. Louis for the holidays. Madeline spent a day and a half with me in Iowa before returning to the tundra, aka Minneapolis. In addition to the Iowa wind and hills, Madeline and I got a taste of the other Blue Bunny winter seasonal flavor. After being rather impressed with their Cocoa Bunny we were excited to try Peppermint Party.



This flavor is described as Peppermint Ice Cream, Fudge Swirls, Peppermint Red and Green Filled Bunnies.



I go back and forth on this flavor. Overall I enjoyed it and there were some fun elements, but I can't decide if I wanted more peppermint flavor and more chocolate. The peppermint base is probably the mildest peppermint ice cream out there. A lot of other reviewers have considered this to be negative, but I'm leaning to think it was just different, not worse. You could also complain there was not enough chocolate, but with the mild mint flavor, more chocolate might have overpowered the mint. The fudge swirl was pretty good. It had a rich flavor and was relatively thick. The best part about this flavor, hands down, was the bunnies.



However, I don't know what they are! I swear there is some real candy that exists that they are exactly like; however, I can't think of it. The best way I can describe them is Andes Mints minus the chocolate. Or maybe the Christmas equivalent of a Candy Corn. I'm not sure, but they were little bursts of sweetness and stronger mint flavor. There were lots of them and I enjoyed the texture and flavor they added to the ice cream.

Bunny!

If you've tried all the other seasonal flavors and you're looking for something different, give this a try. However, if you're like me and haven't had your fix of the more standard peppermints because they haven't appeared in your grocery store (I'm looking at you Haagen-Dazs and Talenti) then this isn't worth a re-scoop. So I'll give it šŸ¦šŸ¦/4 cones.

Madeline here! Sometimes Lizzy and I are eerily similar. We stand the same way. We talk the same way. We gesture the same way. We have the same opinions about ice cream. I swear we're not the same person! I fully agree with Lizzy on every point she made about ice cream, except I DEFINITELY think there should have been more chocolate.  Also, I liked the more mild peppermint flavor.  It's something different, and the bunnies gave punches of peppermint, so it's not like the flavor was bland.  I'm giving this šŸ¦šŸ¦.5/4 cones.

Mint filled bunny!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd