Blue Bunny Cocoa Bunny

If you haven't figured it out yet, Blue Bunny limited edition flavors are THE BOMB, so when I saw limited edition Cocoa Bunny I obviously grabbed some.  Cocoa Bunny is

Chocolate ice cream with marshmallow flavored swirls and chocolate flavored marshmallow filled bunnies.




I don't think I've had another Blue Bunny flavor with a chocolate base, so I can't compare to other flavors from the brand, but it was a typical higher-end premium chocolate base; not an exceptionally rich or dense chocolate flavor, but chocolate-y enough to get the job done.

BUNNIES! I am a total sucker for small, cute things, so I got way too excited for the little chocolate bunnies. SO CUTE. They were also delicious.  The marshmallow filling reminded me of .... something. Lizzy suggested white chocolate, which is along the right lines, but I think these remind me of a specific candy that I can't think of.  I'm sure exactly 1 hour after posting this review I will think of it.  The bunnies were big enough that they had enough filling to actually taste.  I got one bunny approximately every other bite.




The marshmallow swirl was good, but there was less of it lower in the container, and it was the key to making this taste like a hot chocolate ice cream rather than a plain chocolate ice cream.

I'm giving this 🍦🍦.5/4 cones mainly because I wanted a lot more marshmallow action.


Lizzy here! I agree with Madeline, the bunny schtick that Blue Bunny is doing right now is pretty cute and I'm into it. The little chocolate marshmallow bunnies, didn't taste exactly like marshmallow. I really do think they tasted like white chocolate. The marshmallow swirl tasted a lot like marshmallow fluff, and there wasn't a ton of it. It was slightly thinner than marshmallow fluff and very goupy. Interestingly, I really think Blue Bunny captured the flavor of hot cocoa, not just chocolate, with their base. Hot cocoa, in my opinion, always tastes like chocolate and sugar, not just extra sweet chocolate. I'm not sure if that makes any sense, but I really got the flavor of sugar in the base. I only got this vibe every couple of bites, but I was quite impressed. Overall, I enjoyed this flavor. It was a solid one from Blue Bunny. I was really hoping for some mini marshmallows, but the bunnies were satisfying. I'll give this 🍦🍦🍦/4 cones because I think it is one of the best seasonal flavors on the market right now!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd