Kemps Yo2 Mudslide

After I tried the divine Kemps Yo2 Cold Brewed Coffee, I picked up Mudslide from the same line. I figured that if their coffee and fudge flavor was mind-blowing, the addition of chocolate and cookies could only make things better.  I was mostly correct.

Mudslide is

Chocolate and coffee frozen yogurt swirled with cookies, fudge, and chocolatey chunks.



I was a bit confused when I read the description as I've never heard the term 'mudslide' used to describe anything other than the Kahlua+vodka+Bailey's drink that we all drank and then vomited in high school.  What? We didn't all do that? Well, I did that in high school.  Sorry mom and dad, at least I was still valedictorian.

This frozen yogurt is more similar to a Mississippi Mud Pie than a Mudslide, but with the addition of cookies. I'll forgive the strange nomenclature decision though.


Each element of this flavor was predictably amazing, but the combination wasn't, as Goldilocks would say, "Juuuuuuust right." The coffee frozen yogurt was the same as that in Cold Brewed Coffee. To recap: bold, deep, strong coffee but not acidic.  I like Kemps chocolate frozen yogurt better than their chocolate ice cream.  Their chocolate ice cream is on the higher end of grocery store brand chocolate ice creams, but it's still a milky grocery store chocolate ice cream.  Their frozen yogurt is a touch darker with a fudge-y vibe.  The chocolate yogurt would have overwhelmed a normal coffee flavor, but this particular coffee yogurt was strong enough to hold its own.

You can see the cookies, fudge (on the left), and chocolate fro-yo in this photo.

The fudge was the same fudge as that in Cold Brewed Coffee, a true fudge rather than a fudge swirl or chocolate swirl.  The pieces of swirl here were a bit smaller than in Cold Brewed Coffee.  Larger chunks would have overwhelmed the other mix-ins.  As it was, I didn't particularly notice the chocolate chunks, and I think the flavor of the fudge swirl subsumed the chunks.

No surprise, but I really enjoyed the cookies.  I would describe it as a chocolate chip cookie swirl along the lines of a cookie butter, but not with the egginess of cookie dough.  With the lack of actual cookie pieces, this flavor had a pretty homogeneous texture.  Normally I like things a little chunkier, but because all of the elements were of equally good quality their similar textures worked well.

With each element so tasty, what's not to like about this flavor? Well, nothing really, I just have a tiny quibble. I think this should be sold in quarts rather than pints.  Because there were so many elements there wasn't enough room to get a lot of each in a pint.  There were only two cookie dough swirls and maybe 3-4 coffee frozen yogurt swirls. I think smaller sections of each would have muddied the flavor too much, but I needed more frozen yogurt to fully explore each flavor.  Because of this I'm giving Mudslide 🍦🍦🍦.5/4 cones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd