Yasso Frozen Greek Yogurt Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars

Every time I go to Target, I see these bars and think about getting them. I'm very drawn to them because they have incredibly attractive packaging. I usually don't purchase these types of things, frozen dairy desserts trying to be "healthy," but when I noticed the cookie dough flavor, I had to throw some in my cart because I am a lover of all things cookie dough. And a new year means time to try some different things!



The description of these treats reads, Vanilla frozen greek yogurt bars with chocolate-flavored chips & pieces of cookie dough.

The first thing I will say about these bars is man oh man is this company targeting a certain demographic, women between 25-40 I would guess. And oh gosh I'm almost in that demographic. Where the bar pictured below reads, "they say love is blind, but it must have taste buds" some of the bars in the package read, "no regrets, unlike that haircut in college." Ahhh!



Second, these bars are very small and only 100 calories with 5 grams of protein. So be prepared to eat at least two if you are anything like me.



Now for an actual review. The greek yogurt base was way too sweet and not yogurt-y enough. I was really hoping for some tang. Maybe they thought that would be weird with cookie dough, but I think it would have been great. Instead these were just too milky. The cookie dough chunks tasted fine, nothing superb. I wished they were a bit bigger and denser so you could really chew on them. They just sort of dissolved in your mouth. The chocolate chips were the best part. They were dark chocolate, which was much needed since everything else was so sweet. They also were a bit crunchy, which added some nice texture.






Overall, I wasn't thrilled. Not that I was expecting greatness with this genre of treat, but I still think there was room for improvement. However, I would disagree with Colin who called these the worst froyo he'd ever tasted (he said he would give them 0/4 cones). I'll give these šŸ¦/4 cones. "Healthy" frozen treats aren't really my thing and if they are your thing, you could still probably find better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd