Dairy Queen Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Smash Blizzard

Today I am going to write about the ice cream I ate on my birthday (this past Tuesday)! I'm sure you, Dearest Readers, have been anxiously awaiting my post about my birthday ice cream consumption. Because, obviously, all you do all day is wait around for me to write about ice cream. Obviously.

If you weren't aware, Dairy Queen has a Blizzard Fan Club, and if you are a member, you get a free Blizzard on your birthday. Of course, I signed up for the Fan Club on my birthday, fully realizing they probably wouldn't give me a free Blizzard. And in fact, the confirmation email saying you've joined doesn't come until 24 hours after you've joined. Probably for this exact reason.

Knowing full well I would probably not get a free Blizzard, I stopped at Dairy Queen on my birthday with my friend, Charlie, regardless. And as I am the most behind-the-times ice cream blogger out there, I decided to get the Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Smash Blizzard, which was released back in summer 2015 for the Jurassic Park movie, which I still hadn't tried.

This Blizzard is described as Peanut Butter Cookies, chocolate chip cookie dough, peanut butter, and choco chunks blended with creamy vanilla soft serve.



On my first bite, I was a bit surprised by the strength of the peanut butter flavor. The peanut butter mixed in with the vanilla soft serve definitely dominates this treat. The peanut butter also wasn't mixed in the form of a visible swirl, it had fully merged with the vanilla soft serve. So it was basically like eating a sweet, peanut butter soft serve. The choco chunks were average. Pretty soft and milky chocolate, but the chocolate definitely helped prevent this flavor from becoming peanut butter overload.



The peanut butter cookies and the chocolate chip cookie dough chunks were both spherical and a bit bitter than garbanzo beans. Now that Madeline has also started using this comparison, I'm going to run with it. And if you think about it, most cookie dough chunks in ice cream are a bit bigger than a garbanzo bean, unless we're talking Ben & Jerry's. The cookie dough chunks were soft, but still dense, and moist. However, it was difficult to discern their flavor since the whole treat was so peanut buttery. The peanut butter cookies, on the other hand, were the start of the show. They were a bit crunchy, without being too hard. They were peanuty, sweet, and a bit salty. They tasted exactly like homemade peanut butter cookies, which is a slightly different flavor than peanut butter or peanuts.

All in all, I loved this treat. It is definitely one of the better Dairy Queen Blizzard's. I'm also glad to see some more creative Blizzards stay on the menu year round (Dairy Queen's Blizzards of the Month are good, but they don't always make it to the year-round menu).

Charlie got the Chocolate Xtreme Blizzard

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd