Batch Ice Cream: Mocha Chip

The best part about writing this blog is eating lots of tasty ice cream! The second best part is hearing about when our Dearest Readers enjoyed a post, especially if those Dearest Readers are ice cream makers!



After eating, loving, and reviewing the Cinnamon & Bits flavor from Batch Ice Cream, the Batch Instragram account comment on my post saying how much they enjoyed the review! Seeing their comment made me feel warm and fuzzy inside, so while back in Boston, I figured I'd give another one of their flavors a try!

This time I picked up Mocha Chip, because mocha and coffee ice creams are some of Brett's favorites.



This flavor is described as A trifecta of deliciousness - we blend together coffee from the mountains of Columbia, organic cocoa from the Dominican Republic, and organic dark Belgian chocolate chips to create this new old-school classic.



The base flavor of this ice cream featured a milky, creamy, chocolatey flavor. The coffee flavor was light, but I could taste both the chocolate and coffee about equally. The base flavor was also quite sweet.



The chocolate chips were the same as what I found in the Cinnamon & Bits flavor. They were small, and dark. Since they were dark chocolate, they had a brittle texture. The dark chocolate of the chips rounded out the flavor of the sweet, creamy base. The chips were also relatively frequent; I got 2 to 3 in each bite.

Lastly, like in the Cinnamon & Bits, the ice cream was hard and dense, almost crumbly. Definitely let these pints temper a bit before you eat it. This ice cream gets softer and creamier as it melts.



Another great ice cream from Batch! I'll definitely be buying more next time I'm in Boston!

Comments

  1. "Very interesting article, really. I visit again here to see more. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! Just found my way here and I have to say that I love your design/foodpic mashup! I´ll return for mor for sure.ice cream vodka

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd