Haagen-Dazs Raspberry Sorbet

Kyle and I just moved in to a new apartment and don't have internet yet, so I've had this post written for a while but am just now able to upload pictures to go along with it.

As I mentioned in my last post, last time I want to Target pints of Haagen-Dazs were on sale for $3 each.  I used the opportunity to pick up some flavors I wasn't sure I would like, that way I wouldn't feel like I had wasted money on them.  In addition to the salted caramel gelato, I picked up a pint of Raspberry sorbet.

It is hard to go wrong with sorbet, but I did not like Mango, the last Haagen-Dazs sorbet flavor I tried.  I felt it was cloyingly sweet, past the point of enjoyable and reaching the point of stomach-turning.  This may be because it was mango flavored.  While I like mangos, I do think they border on being too sweet, and if they are slightly overripe they are too sweet.

The Raspberry Sorbet had no such issues.  It was definitely sweet, but the tartness inherent to raspberries helped balance out the sweetness.  The texture was dense, smooth, and creamy, everything a sorbet should be.



I had this after a hard ballet class and it was very refreshing.

This isn't a knock against this particular flavor or ever a knock against Haagen-Dazs sorbet, but rather a knock against sorbets in general.  Most of the time sorbets have no mix-ins.  This is a travesty.  I get that sometimes simplicity is the name of the game, but this flavor could have really benefitted from some chunks of raspberry.

It's a small thing, but I really like the color scheme of the Haagen-Dazs Sorbet containers.

It's been a really mild summer in Minneapolis with temperatures rarely breaching 85 degrees.  Recently it has been rainy which is contributing to increased levels of humidity.  Today it felt like a freaking swimming pool outside.  To me this is what summer feels like.  So if you need a frozen respite from sweltering temperatures and oppressive humidity look no further than Haagen-Dazs Raspberry sorbet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd