Haagen Dazs Chocolate Peanut Butter

Dearest reader. I have come to a sad realization. I have not reviewed a single Haagen Dazs flavor throughout the entire course of this blog. I apologize. Good old HD is one of the biggest players in the business. A review of them from me is long overdue. The flavor I picked is the classic Chocolate Peanut Butter. I would say this flavor is my second or third favorite flavor produced by Haagen Dazs, White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle being number 1 and Caramel Cone being up there in the mix.




I opened this pint around midnight last night, only the most appropriate time to eat Haagen Dazs. I had just watched World War Z (actually a pretty good movie) with some friends and came to the realization, as I frequently do, that no I really actually don't like scary movies. Thus sitting on my bed with the lights on eating a decadent ice cream while telling myself "That's just screeching tires, not the screeching of zombies" was obviously the only way I could end my night.



This flavor is a chocolate base with a peanut butter swirl. That's it. Nothing crazy. Just a simple pairing of two of the best dessert flavors. The container describes it as: Flavor Top Notes: Mellow, yet rich chocolate punctuated with the aroma of roasted peanuts. Flavor Finishing Notes: Deeply satisfying peanut butter. The chocolate base is very solidly delicious, definitely better than your average chocolate ice cream, but alone nothing to write home about. The texture of HD's ice cream is pretty hard, with a touch of air; a texture I really enjoy. The peanut butter swirl; however, is aaaamazing. It's on the thinner side, but the flavor is really strong, and it would honestly overpower the chocolate if it were thicker. This peanut butter swirl actually tastes like peanuts, roasted peanuts at that! You know how some peanut butter tastes like peanut butter but not really like peanuts? This does not fall into this category. In addition, the swirl is very smooth and hard, but not crunchy. It is not creamy or saucy. The texture is similar to a fudge swirl in your standard moose tracks flavor. I really think this makes the texture of the ice cream more interesting than if it were a peanut butter sauce. I also mentioned in my previous post that this flavor has 8 grams of protein per half cup, which is pretty high! Although it does pack quite the caloric punch at 340 cals per half cup. Worth every calorie. And since it has high protein that means you can eat it as a workout recovery food, right???

Look at the swirl. Mmmm.


This flavor is Haagen Dazs doing what Haagen Dazs does best. Taking a simple classic and making it really really good and high quality. That makes HD the perfect brand enjoy when you are looking for something fancy or when you are looking for something comforting!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd