Dean's Chocolate Moose Tracks

Recently I posted on Facebook that the only rule for a happy life was to do whatever it takes to get free ice cream, and buy one get one free ice cream is almost as good.  My local grocery store had a buy one get one free on Dean's ice cream, a new to me brand, which is how a 1.5 Qt container of Dean's Chocolate Moose Tracks ended up at home with me.

Kyle and I each picked one flavor, and this one was Kyle's choice.



To me, Moose Tracks is a real workhorse ice cream flavor.  Every brand that sells ice cream in square paper containers relies on Moose Tracks to be a decadent, chocolatey flavor.  Typically, Moose Tracks ice cream has a vanilla base with small peanut butter cups and Moose Tracks fudge.  Dean's Chocolate Moose Tracks is basically the same except with a chocolate base:

Chocolate ice cream with peanut butter cups swirled with Moose Tracks fudge.



So how did the chocolate base change this tried-and-true flavor?  It only made it better.  I don't think that, had I tried Dean's normal Moose Tracks, that it would have been any different than any other brand, but the chocolate base elevated it to a new level of decadence.  Even if there was a bite without a peanut butter cup or without much fudge swirl, the chocolate base still gave my mouth something to enjoy.  I could have done with a few more peanut butter cups, but those that were in there were great.  The peanut butter cups were more strongly flavored than normal; each peanut butter cup really infused the entire bite with the flavor of peanut butter.  Yum!  The fudge swirls were soft and chewy and gave some much needed textural variation.

If you're looking for a cheap, chocolatey thrill, definitely try Dean's Chocolate Moose Tracks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd