Til the Cows Come Home: Dough-Mo Arigato, Mr. Roboto

How many Styx/ice cream lovers are there who have been waiting for decades for this ice cream?? Well, if you are one of them, HyVee has finally delivered. I almost couldn't bring myself to buy this ice cream because the pun is SO BAD. And not bad in a good way, just bad bad. Ugh. But I love cookie dough so I got over myself and bought it.



This flavor is described as Cookie dough ice cream with cookie dough pieces, chocolate flavored chips, and cookie dough revel. 



So this flavor is very similar to the Blue Bunny flavor that came out recently. Like basically the same elements. However, I think I enjoyed the Blue Bunny a bit more. All in all this flavor was just too much. Too sweet, too rich, too artificial tasting, just wow. I could only get through a third of a pint in one sitting before getting overwhelmed. The base was quite strong and the cookie dough revel was very thick with an even stronger cookie dough flavor. Similar to Blue Bunny, the swirl was quite goopy and liquidy and sticky, which I didn't like.



The cookie dough pieces were honestly the best part of the ice cream. They were not too big, but big enough that you could really taste them. They were tasted authentically like cookie dough and weren't too in-your-face. Lastly, the chocolate chips helped even things out, because they were a bit dark, but even darker would have helped this very sweet flavor.



While it really sounds like I'm trashing this flavor, I'm only kind of trashing this flavor. It was not bad and you never know, you might just love it. As a cookie dough lover, this still gets šŸ¦šŸ¦/4 cones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd