So Delicious Cashew Milk Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert Dark Chocolate Truffle

While Madeline is over there in MN getting all the new for 2017 stuff, I'm over here kind of underwhelmed, to be honest, with the concept of Ben & Jerry's pint slices. I'll try them when they hit my grocery store, but I'm hoping they up the ante for whatever else they release in 2017. So in the meantime, I'm working my way through So Delicious's Cashew Milk line and continuing to play my tune that cashew milk is the superior milk for non-dairy ice cream.



This flavor, Dark Chocolate Truffle, is described as A fair trade cocoa decadence folded with fudge and premium shaved chocolate.




"Decadence" and "folded" are both really good food words. However, I didn't think this flavor lived up to its luscious description. The base was good. This was the first time I'd had a chocolate based cashew milk ice cream. If you don't like being able to taste the cashew normally, I recommend the chocolate base. The strong cocoa flavor really drowned out any after taste of cashew. The rest of the ice cream, was kind of lackluster. The fudge swirl was very thin; so thin it didn't really add any flavor to the pint. The chocolate shavings were okay. They were nice and crunchy, and a bit darker in flavor than the base. But with the name Dark Chocolate Truffle, I was expecting big chunks of chocolate truffle.



Overall, this flavor was just meh, and I would much rather eat the delicious flavors from the rest of this line up, so šŸ¦.5/4 cones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd