Haagen-Dazs Destination Series Mango

Oh Americans. We come up with a "destination series" ice cream and Chicago gets put in the same category as South America? One is a city, the other is a continent. Oh well, mangos are tasty, so I'll set aside the anthropology less and just stick to what I do best, reviewing ice cream.



This flavor is described as Our ode to the tropical flavors of South America combines sweet mango ice cream and slices of juicy mango for a simply perfect treat. 



Okay, I flipping love mangos. If it were nutritionally sound, I would probably live on mangos and ice cream. But it's not so occasionally I eat a vegetable. And while I love mangos, I honestly was a little skeptical of this ice cream. I just wasn't sure mangos and cream would be a good mix. Oh boy was I wrong. The base of this flavor was honestly a bit mild when it comes to mangos. Mangos have an inherently strong flavor; super sweet and some good tangyness. I think what made the mango plus cream work as well as it did was mild mango flavor. The tangyness was also perfectly captured. It reminded me of all the New Orleans fruit flavors with buttermilk in them, delicious. The mango slices were also almost perfect. They were soooo juicy, not icy at all, and had the texture of a ripe, but not too ripe mango. They added a bit of extra mango flavor, but they weren't very intense. They were small and there weren't a ton. But I thought there were the perfect number; it allowed you to appreciate the base.

In my opinion, even though this flavor was different than I thought mango ice cream would be, it was great. 🍦🍦🍦.5/4 cones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd