Kemps Yo2 Raspberry Cheesecake Frozen Yogurt

Damn Kemps, back at it again with the dope frozen yogurt! (Sorry, I can't help memin'!)  After being completely blown away by Cold Brewed Coffee and almost completely blown away by Mudslide, I wanted to get my hands on a non-chocolate pint from the line, so I picked up Kemps Yo2 Raspberry Cheesecake Frozen Yogurt, described as

Cheesecake frozen yogurt with graham crunch and raspberry swirl.


What a generic description. The Talenti flavor description writer(s) would come up with something way more interesting.  BUT! It's what's inside that counts or don't judge a book by it's cover or something.  I was wowed by Raspberry Cheesecake.


Good cheesecake ice creams are hard to come by. I think too many companies rely on cheesecake mix-ins instead of going for a cheesecake base, but a cheesecake mix-in isn't really enough to carry an entire cheesecake flavor. Not only did Kemps make the right choice to go with a cheesecake base, but they managed to execute an exceptionally cheesy frozen yogurt base.  The cheesy flavor faded a bit as I kept eating, but that first bite was impressive.


The raspberry swirl was thick and perfectly distributed throughout the pint.  It was the perfect balance of tart and sweet and didn't overwhelm the base.

The graham crunch was the only part of this flavor I didn't like. The were too small and too hard; little spiky, pointy graham balls. They also didn't have much flavor.

I'm giving this 🍦🍦🍦/4 cones.  Better mix-ins and a base with a more long-lasting flavor would easily bump this to 4 cones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd