Ben and Jerry's Pint Slices: Chocolate Fudge Brownie and Americone DReam

New for 2017! New for 2017! New for 2017! Can you tell I'm excited that new 2017 flavors are finally starting to hit the shelves?  Ben and Jerry's Pint Slices are the first new product I've found.  I picked up a package of Americone Dream Pint Slices and a package of Chocolate Fudge Brownie Pint Slices.  They also released Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and Vanilla Peanut Butter Cup pint slices.

I am absolutely in love with the pint slice packaging.  There are three individually wrapped pint slices per box, and the boxes are CUBES! I LOVE CUBES! In my opinion, cubes are the second best 3D shape, second only to spheres, but spheres are not exactly ideal for pint slice packaging.  CUBES!


The bars in general: These are about 3/4'' thick, and a little smaller in diameter than the bottom of a pint. So, not quite a pint slice.  The chocolate coating is a nice, dark chocolate, but are a bit too crunchy leading to potential messes as pieces of the coating break off.

Chocolate Fudge Brownie: Ice cream bars with fudge brownies, covered in a dark chocolatey coating.  The dark chocolate coating was dark enough that it contributed a flavor distinct from both the chocolate ice cream and the fudge brownies.


We all know that the Greyston Bakery brownies are the star of the classic Chocolate Fudge Brownie ice cream.  They are gooey and fudgey and huge and perfect.  I would seriously marry them if I could. Or bathe in them. To fit inside the pint slices, it seems Ben and Jerry's had to downsize the brownies, which is a TRAVESTY.  There are still delicious brownie pieces, but they are sadly small.  This would have been so much better as a layer of brownie with a layer of ice cream all wrapped up in a velvety smooth chocolate shell.  I'll give these 🍦🍦/4 cones.  The treats were good, and it was fun to try a classic Ben and Jerry's flavor in a different form, but the smaller brownies are unforgivable.  I probably won't buy these again.  If I'm craving Chocolate Fudge Brownie, I'll just pick up the ice cream.


Americone Dream: I liked these slightly more than I liked the Chocolate Fudge Brownie Pint Slices, but I also think Ben and Jerry's could have done something more innovative and unique.  Americone Dream ice cream is vanilla ice cream with fudge-covered waffle cone pieces and a caramel swirl, so the only chocolate component is the waffle cone coating.  Upping the chocolate quotient with the dark chocolate shell definitely elevated the flavor without overpowering the lighter caramel and vanilla flavors.  Also, I thought the pint slices had more, finer, crunchier waffle cone pieces than the original flavor.


I think these pint slices would be really great if Ben and Jerry's added something other than a chocolate shell.  For example, they could add a thin slice of caramel-covered waffle with a layer of ice cream and chocolate coating for the Americone Dream pint slices.  These earned 🍦🍦.5/4 cones, but I really wish Ben and Jerry's had done something more interesting with the pint slices.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd