Thelma's Treats Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip

Dearest Readers, I apologize. I have gotten mega behind on reviews the last few weeks, so be prepared for a review dump the next couple of days. I usually try not to get behind, but it has been SO WARM here in Iowa that I've been spending lots of time outside and lots of time eating ice cream, but not very much time reviewing ice cream.



Tonight I have for you another from the Thelma's line up, so those of you who aren't in Iowa can be jealous of our weather (over 60 degrees the last few days) and our ice cream. This treat has chocolate ice cream sandwiched between peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.



I'll start with the ice cream. The chocolate was quite sweet and milky, nothing too impressive. Of course, with Thelma's the ice cream is not the main attraction, but usually the ice cream is pretty solid. This ice cream was still solid, but not the best of the Thelma's line up. However, the cookies were as delicious as always. My favorite part about these cookies were the chocolate chips. The chocolate chips were big and crunchy. They were also a bit darker than the chocolate ice cream, which I appreciated. The cookies were also, as usual, super moist, but not crumbly. The peanut butter was quite nutty, with the perfect amount of sweet and a bit of salt. I also really enjoyed the hint of salt.



Overall, Thelma's usually brings in some of our highest ratings here at Big Muddy. These are no exception. There are just no better ice cream sandwiches out there. However, since I didn't love the chocolate ice cream this treat will earn "only" šŸ¦šŸ¦šŸ¦/4 cones!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd