Capanna Gelato: Mango and Scotcheroo

Alright, Iowa, if you haven't made it over to Capanna Coffee and Gelato over in Coralville and North Liberty yet, you need to fix that ASAP. Colin and I went there a couple of days ago, since he lives over in Coralville not far from Capanna. I really don't go there enough since it is way over heck on the other side of town from me. When we got there the fruity flavors looked very appetizing, so I picked up mango. The other flavor I got was "Scotcheroo" because like what the heck is that?



Apparently scotcheroos are kind of like rice krispies with peanut butter and butter scotch topped with chocolate. Cool. I feel like I've probably had one before, but I didn't know they were named scotcheroos. What a goofy name. I feel ridiculous typing that word.

I'll start with the mango. Ermagersh. This was some tasty gelato. The mango flavor was very strong. It tasted like perfectly ripe mangos. Interesting, there wasn't too much dairy flavor, like it almost reminded me of sorbet, but not really. I think there must have been a lot of actual mangos in the ice cream. Recently I reviewed the mango flavor from the Haagen-Dazs destination series and this gelato had a way stronger flavor than HD. I'm very impressed so 🍦🍦🍦/4 cones for this flavor. Some mango chunks would have brought this up to 4.



Now, when I was eating the scotcheroo flavor, I didn't actually know what they were. The base was the butter elements, but I really mostly picked up on peanut butter. Though it was an extra mild and sweet peanut butter. It did kind of taste a bit different, and I probably would have identified that as butterscotch if I had any clue what I was eating. There was also a thick chocolate and peanut butter drizzle on the top of the gelato that I got quite a bit of. They were both crunchy and really rich and sweet. I didn't get any in my first couple of bites, and when I hit the drizzle, the gelato drastically improved. Maybe the peanut butter drizzle is why I didn't pick up on the butterscotch? I overall enjoyed this flavor quite a bit and definitely want to try it again to see if I can pick up on the butterscotch. 🍦🍦🍦/4 cones for now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd