Talenti Coconut Almond Chocolate Gelato

Now that finals week is over, it's time to review the ice cream I stress ate while writing all of my papers. Talenti always makes me feel better, so I picked up this pint of gelato I hadn't tried yet, Coconut Almond Chocolate.



Usually the writer of the Talenti flavor descriptions makes me laugh out loud, but the description of this flavor is pretty normal. This new flavor is like if Caribbean Coconut Talenti took its best friends on vacation. Coconut shreds, semi-sweet chocolatey flakes, and salted roasted almonds make quite a party. 



Now, the Talenti flavor descriptions are not printed on the packaging, so I usually do not read them before scooping the pint. And the first thing I have to say about this flavor is texture! Lots of texture! There were tons of chocolate flakes. They were thin and tad crunchy and a bit dark in flavor. About every other bite there was a large chunk of roasted almond. Some were even whole almonds. They had just a bit of salt, which helped bring out the sweet of the rest of the pint. The base had a lovely and mellow coconut flavor, which rounded out the dark chocolate and almond. I didn't notice the coconut flakes when I was eating it because there was so much texture going on.

Look at that almond!!


Overall, this was a high quality, well executed flavor. I loved all the fun textures and I would scoop this one again! šŸ¦šŸ¦šŸ¦/4 cones!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison Post: Haagen-Dazs Vanilla vs Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Bean

Nestle Drumstick, The Original Sundae Cone

Ben and Jerry's Netflix and Chill'd